Tuesday, 26 May 2009

THE NEGLECTED THINGS






Being a midwife for 15 years has enriched me with experience of what the health personnel even myself usually neglect as not important things. As an experienced para 3, i really missed the support of a midwife who could greet me and put herself in my shoes during antenatal, labour and postnatal periods.Having travelled miles away from my home and live in this scandinavian country, i have really appriciated that there are some things that cost nothing but are important for all midwives to do in the whole world. A smile, greetings, giving of comprehensive information, explaining procedures, respect, empathy, sympathy.With these little non costly commodities, our hospitals will be wonderful places for women.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing the things we learn when we leave our comfort zones and enter into new worlds. It also teaches me that the longer I live, the more I realize that people everywhere are really more alike than we are different. Great blog entry!

    ReplyDelete